Tuesday 6 September 2011

The hunt for the perfect foundation...




I am on the hunt for the perfect foundation. What girl isn’t I suppose. I thought I would share with you as I try new brands and try find the perfect one...

I have been using MAC for sometime now and while I do love it and it lasts on my skin for the day (which is hard to find), there is something about it that i’m just not too sure about. Sometimes I think the color isn’t great. Im very pale and while I do wear tan I like to have the most natural colored foundation I can. Sometimes I think MAC is very yellowy on me and just doesn't do the job. There are lots of pro's and con's to this one and I think it might be time to move on and try something new. 

The latest one I have been testing out is Estee Lauder Double Wear. I like coverage but not too much. I don’t want to be "caked" in makeup! So I have to be careful using this one that I don't overdo it and put too much on. (I can very easily overdo it as it is quiet thick) I’ve found the best way to use this foundation is with a flat foundation brush and I MUST use a moisturizer before I apply it! I only use a tiny bit and build the foundation up to the level of coverage I want. 

I do like this one,  I think it is lovely on my skin and the color is nice when I have tan on. I’m a little unsure though if it is a bit much for every day wear? Im not sure. I think I need to continue using it for a little longer to see. I am happy with it but I’m not fully convinced this is the best one out there for my skin. I think there will definitely be more worth trying. 
Have you guys had a similar hunt for the perfect foundation? 
xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment