Wednesday 7 September 2011

Your winter skin..




I honestly thought I would get a little longer before I would have to do this post, at least till after my holidays but it seems not. Autumn (Fall) is upon us now and there is no denying it. It is getting very cold and wintery now. It seems to have come on us very suddenly..sigh. I actually quiet like the winter months - not the rain though!! I love the dark evenings when it’s real cold and you have lots of stews for dinner and have the fire lighting and of course hot chocolates - no just me then?? 

I don’t however like the effects winter has on my skin. Who does?? The cold weather means our skin becomes drier and more sensitive. We are much more prone to dehydration and all of his can leave our skin looking, well, quiet frankly, dull! Nobody wants to have dull skin! So what can we do to keep it looking its best in the cold months? 

I always highly recommend getting a richer moisturiser. A lot of my clients look at me with fear when I tell them this but it is true. Our skin gets drier from the cold and more sensitive meaning we need a richer cream to keep out skin looking fresh and nourished. Now, there are obviously a few exceptions to the rule, if you have extremely oily skin, you wont need a richer cream (but be sure to wear an SPF to keep the skin protected). No need to go crazy and get extremely rich cream that takes forever to dry in and leaves you super shiny, just a step up from the cream you use normally. 

I’m not suggesting you run out now and buy one but when your current moisturiser is gone, and you are planning on buying a new one, make it a bit more winter friendly for your skin. Use this tube/pot/tub up and go back to your normal one. That few months of having a little more moisture when it is most needed, will leave your skin looking radiant and glowing! 


                                                          [source: unknown]

Showing your care a little more TLC in the winter will always help as well. Be sure to still wear an SPF, the sun is still there. Some of those evenings when you are snug in front of the fire, why not quickly put a nourishing face mask on? Your skin will thank you. Try swap the odd hot chocolate for a bottle of water and try not to have the heat on too strong in your car especially if you are in it a lot. This is very dehydrating on the skin! Although the latter is definitely the hardest thing in my opinion, I try but sometimes it is just too cold!! 
I promise I’m not mad and these tips will help keep your skin looking its best! 
xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment