Monday 29 August 2011

Get lippy....


There is nothing nicer on a girl (or a guy but we are talking about girlies here so lets forget the boys for the time being!) then gorgeous kissable lips. Once your lips are kept soft and smooth, the nicer your lip products will be on and the more type of lip products you can actually use. I know my lips are quiet dry and I have to keep lipbalm at the ready all the time. If I don’t my lips get so sore and any lipsticks or products I use just look well crap.  

Your lips are as important as anywhere else on your face when it comes to exfoliating and moisturising. With so many lips balms out there, how do you know what one to choose? Well, I've given a little run down of some good brands, and also the little secret gem for lips I only discovered recently!



First up is Kheils. Kheils is a gorgeous lip product. I always try to stock up on this when I am in the UK or the States. You can get it in Ireland but it is cheaper away. This is available is clear or you can get flavoured ones either. Yummers! I also hear Kheils is a Lauren Conrad favourite.



Vaseline is a classic lip balm. This used to be the go to lip balm when I was younger but I have to say, I don't like it anymore. Vaseline is petroleum jelly and so it isn't fully absorbed into our lips, often there is a residue left. Also with Vaseline, if you use it too often, you can get little small black heads around your mouth because the product isn't absorbing into the skin. With all that said though, the Rose one is nice for a hint of colour on your lips. I use this if I have something on and I don’t want to wear gloss but just a hint of colour. I don’t however wear it all day long as my lip balm. 




E45 chap-stick is a great budget balm! No colour or flavour but very intense moisturiser. A definite if your lips need a real intense burst of moisture. 




The winner for me has to be Carmex. It is simply amazing. When you apply it first, there is a slight tingle to your lips! This is my favourite part because it feels like it is actually doing something!. It is available in different flavours as well – Strawberry (yum), cherry (yum), mint (yum yum yum) or original!

Now to let you guys all now about a product I’ve only recently found. I can’t believe I lived without this for so long. Lush do a gorgeous range of lip exfoliators. You may have used these already as they have been around for some time so I am definitely a little late with this one but good god do I love it. I’ve used exfoliators on my lips before and I have never really been too happy with them. This one though is .a different storey! It leaves my lips gorgeous and soft and it tastes oh so good. Available in different flavours (Bubble gum, Mint and Sweet vanilla kind of taste) you can choose one to suit you.


Luscious lips are fabulous and there are so many products to keep them looking and feeling super soft! Get a good lippy and get yourself into the habit of applying it as many times a day as you like and I promise gorgeous kissable lips will follow!

xxxxxxxx



2 comments:

  1. Even I used to use Vaseline and don't use it anymore.
    I use a brand called Himalaya Herbal Care and I'm loving it...
    Came across yours thru bloghop.
    Do drop by mine sometime.
    Would love it if you follow too... :)
    Fashion Panache
    My Travelogue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I will I'll check it out now. The bloghop is a great idea! Iv'e never heard of that brand I must pick it up if I see it! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete