Monday 17 October 2011

The hunt for the perfect foundation continues...


My hunt for the perfect foundation continues...and continues and continues! I think this may take a while! As I told you in a previous post, I am going to blog about my experience is finding the perfect foundation! If you missed that post you can click here.

I don’t know what I was expecting to be honest. I kind of stupidly thought I‘d find the perfect foundation after one go, maybe two at a push! I’m starting to think maybe my MAC Pro-long Wear is the closest to perfect I am going to get! But I still have quiet a few I want to get through before coming to that conclusion! 

Since my last post about this I have tried another MAC foundation and a Smashbox foundation. I tries MAC Full Coverage Foundation first of all. I like coverage and I had used this before and I couldn’t remember why I stopped using it. So I decided to give it another shot. When you say full coverage foundation to people, they instantly think “Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish” style compacts. But the MAC compact is not even close to that type of coverage! I actually quiet liked the finish it left on my skin, but the problem was, it just didn’t last! I was quiet surprised by this actually, I thought it would last all day! I’m pretty sure that is why I would have stopped using it the first time round! All is not lost though, it has come in handy as a concealer!


The other foundation I tried was Smashbox Camera Ready Compact. I didn’t like this one on my skin at all! I was a bit disappointed as a friend of mine wears it and it is gorgeous on her, but for me it was a no go! It simply didn’t sit right and it moved a lot on my skin lasting hardly half the day. 
And so my hunt continues. I am currently testing HD Foundation and so far so good but I don’t want to speak to soon! I’ll let you know how I am getting on with that very soon!
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment